Saturday, December 4, 2010


My Sheri Crafts Design Team project this week was "Hannukah" I chose to make a 5x7 card.
Starting with a a card base of ivory, I chose a dark toned ivory paper to cover the card base. I used a dauber with powder puff chalking ink (amaretto) to highlight all but the center of the card. The Star of David was cut from Cricut Designers Calendar. The Menorah was also cut from DC, however cut 2, one for base and candles, and the other for the gold base. (cut the candles off the gold one) I embossed the gold base with my Cuttlebug. The candle flames were inked with amaretto, and then sprayed with gold glow Smooch Mist (rubbed in with my fingers to blend)
"Hanukkah" was cut from DC also, and adhered with Zig 2 Way glue pen. Pop dot the Menorah and place on card. Spray gold glow Smooch Mist around the Star, above the candles to give a glow, and rub in with fingers. Adhere a simple ribbon of choice, and ink the edges, going darker at the corners.

No comments: