Saturday, May 21, 2011


"Flowers" is the theme this week at www.myshericrafts.blogspot.com   This is my design team entry.
I have never made these flowers, but just fell in love with them.  This is my first attempt.  Its very simple, just takes a few minutes.  I started with a circle that I cut from my Cricut Cartridge "George".  I then used my ATG gun, running it over the entire circle on one side.  I cut a ribbon for the center.  You will just have to guess..Dont worry about being to short, you can add to it, no problem.  Start by adhering one end to the center of the circle.  Twist and roll until you have a little center bud.  Then adhere the end of it flat to the circle.  Then cut a long ribbon strip (purple) and adhere the end down, start to twist and wrap around the bud.  Now what I did here was wrap it tight, around the circle, until the very last outer edge, where I folded and wrapped it much more loose, to give the bud a more open look.  If you have a place or two that dont seem to stick to the paper circle, then just take a little of the gluestick glue on a tool, and tuck it all under...so easy!     Tuck the last little piece under the circle, and run the ATG gun over it so it stays put,  Wella...flower.    The floral stem was cut from the Cricut Cartridge "Cindy Loo"  I adhered them down with a thick glue stick, The purple outer ribbon I used was about 2" wide.  I cut the words out of the Cricut Cartridge "Stamped"  using the shadow and regular features.     I made a tag from the Cricut Cartridge  Plantain.  Tied it off with a sheer white ribbon.  I used a border punch to finish off the edges of my purple bag.  Well, that was fun.  I love the way it turned out,.  Let me know if you try it.  I would love to see what you make.

No comments: